And...I’m back.
I finally talked with my parents about this whole IT not working out nonsense. Well, with my dad anyways, my mom wasn’t home. I decide that the easiest way to break it to him was telling him I was passively aggressively skipping my classes and not doing the homework. “IT is just not for me” I told him about the sort-of plan I had where I’d pretty much live at my grandparents place & take a few classes while continuing with my on-campus job, parkour & whatever other side projects I start on.
My dad took it all pretty well considering. He said it seemed alright-ish to him. Just that I would have to find a job & my own place, pay rent…(at this point I was kinda feeling the punch, how do I find a job in an economy like this? College grads can’t find jobs!). He said he would talk to my mom, and she would probably say pretty much the same thing.
This was all fine & dandy, I didn’t do much thinking about it until later. See, dropping out of college for a semester to get a job & whatnot would be great and all, except that its not a solution to The Problem. The Problem is that I don’t know what I want to study, working for a semester won’t fix that. On the other hand, if I were to take a semester to audit tons of classes I may be able to figure out what area I am most interested in. That’s something that would be more beneficial than just taking time off. Hell, this blog could become where I write about my experiences in these different classes I take and am therefore able to make a far more informed decision than I can right now. I’ll try pitching that idea, it seems far more reasonable than my original plan. The good news is that the drop period deadline is next Friday, so maybe I can pull this off.
No comments:
Post a Comment