My flash drive sails across the room and bounces off the wall & onto the floor. Fuck that I think to myself before deciding to read my book for a while.
Let me back up some though, three & a half hours earlier I got back to my dorm after a shopping trip with my brother. I stopped by my room long enough to grab my step-by-step web design instruction manual (which really is the best description for it. Actually, I’ll think of a better one later) and the flash drive with my web site stored on it, and my laptop, then went off to The Temple of Apollo to use the computers there because they have Dreamweaver on them.
I put on some jazz, opened the manual & started following the directions it laid out. Make the headings h1, create a css for the body paragraphs, change the background, oh, just kidding, change it back to the bland white it was before. Add a photo, switch to the index page, take a moment to look at the html for no real reason, rinse & repeat. Some people stopped in briefly, but for the most part I had the lab to myself.
After about two hours I decide I was probably caught up with where we were supposed to be, so I saved all my work & ejected the drive, then plugged it in to my computer to back up.
Device not recognized
My computer alerted me. I tried a different port.
Device not recognized
With a sense of impending doom I tried plugging it back into the computer I’d been working on
Device not recognized
Shit.
I wasn’t even pissed off that the flash drive had decided to kick the bucket leaving me with nothing to show for 2 hours of work. Why should I be? I couldn’t do anything about it, & I wasn’t about to start over right then either. Maybe on a PC I hoped. So I packed up & headed back to the dorm. You know where it goes from there.
I sent an email to my teacher explaining what had happened. Since he hasn’t replied, I have no idea whether he believed me or not, I just hope I have the patience to do all that busy work over again.
So yeah, this finishing all the web design homework ahead of time thing if off to a flying start. If I’m lucky I decide to repeat the process again tomorrow, if I’m not, then its on to plan C, whatever that is.
No comments:
Post a Comment