Fortunately
I did say this blog will be a bit more eclectic than the last,
otherwise this post wouldn’t exist. Not web-design related in the least,
but worth mentioning that I got a tutoring job in addition to my other
one restarting computers. It pays $20 an hour and my student(?) is
great. He just needs to pass the class and does seem genuinely
interested in learning the material, which is a nice plus.
One of
the first things he asked me was if I was a Spanish major. “Nope, but
it would be a lot easier if I were*” It turned out he had forgotten his
book, but he brought index cards to make flash cards with, which was
immensely helpful as we ended up working from what he knew would be on
the tests and filling out the flashcards with vocab words he needed to
learn. Before calling it a day, we agreed on Friday for the next session.
Apart
from that, I still heard back from my Web Design teacher, then again, I
haven’t redone my 2 hours of lost work either, nor am I inclined to.
Since paying attention in class is out, I’m figuring out what I can do
instead while still being in class and looking like I might be paying
attention. Like writing this post for instance.
Now that I think
about it I’d be much better about doing the HW if it were all due by
some fixed date near the end of the semester, that way I could do all
the homework for one class, then all the homework for the next class,
then all the home work for the class after that...as long as I handed it
all in by the due date, I wouldn’t lose any points. By me at least, it
would be much easier to do this way than to have something due each week
for each class, you have plenty of time to do the assignment, and
importantly, you can focus on one class at a time instead of freaking
out about multiple subjects at once and having to force your brain to
switch subjects constantly. It’d make me feel better anyway. /end rant
*I checked, my school only offers a Spanish minor.
No comments:
Post a Comment